Thu 8 May 2003
Yes, I found and fixed the bug that you have all been complaining about. If you have all of the following...
- An ORiNOCO card
- NetStumbler version 0.3.30
- "Auto Reconfigure" switched on
- You eventually associate with an access point while you're scanning.
- You go out of range, or in better range of a different AP.
- "Auto reconfigure" kicks in to disassociate you (otherwise "get AP names" won't work)
- In reconfiguring the card, it inadvertently puts it into a state where it will not discover any access points at all.